Friday 28 May 2010

Andrea Dezso's "Sometimes in my dreams I fly"

Andrea Dezsö: Sometimes in My Dreams I Fly from Rice Gallery on Vimeo.




I saw Andrea Dezso's tunnel book work at the Slash exhibiition in New York last year, and was really impressed with how she manages to create depth for her narratives, almost like a miniature theatre. This exhibition in 2010 at the Rice Gallery is an installation using vinyl cuts, and gels, with carved formica and polystyrene for part of the scenery. It is the same as her tunnel book procedure, but on a huge scale. It is on until 8th August 2010, if you find yourself in New York. She is Assistant Professor at Parsons New School of Design, New York, which incidentally we also visited whilst we were there on our student trip 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment